Friday, November 9, 2012

I am going to be a Health Coach & Chest/Back Workout

                                                               Source: simplisticwholistic.com on Pinterest


Last week I blogged about a new health coaching certification  I am starting this week with WellCoaches! I am forcing myself to go outside my comfort zone and grow. I do not have to sit in a classroom, but my classes are live teleconferencing sessions. I have lots of reading to do for each session and topics to prepare for discussion. My brain is not used to being a student two years post pharmacy school. That is partly why I am doing this. I believe that I need to be a life long learner in both my profession and personal life. 

Here is a short video on the health coaching process. It is cute and simple, but gets the message across as to what a health coach does. The "coach" is the stick figure with the ball cap.


I am doing this because I know it will help me with counseling my patients in my current pharmacy practice. However, I am dreaming BIGGER. I want to become a Certified Diabetes Educator and I would love to start my own personal health coaching business ( maybe I'll even offer my services here?) or work for a corporate wellness program. The journey to these goals is long with several steps. I am excited. I am fired up! 

At the end of the class session the instructor, Margaret Moore ( founder of WellCoaches), asked for a volunteer to demo coaching on. I volunteered! I was really nervous, but it was a great experience. My homework for this week as part of my "coaching" session I had with Margaret is to journal three times this week for 10 minutes on what I am grateful for, what I am enjoying in my life, what I appreciate, and checking in with my mindset. I'll let you know how it goes. One quote I took away from today's class is (this a true fact by the way): The brain can not hold a positive and negative thought simultaneously. It is necessary to then focus on something positive and the negative will shift away. Now this is not about avoiding what is negative, BUT being able to and learning how to handle the negative.

I do love to inspire you my dear reader to eat healthy, get fit, and most importantly stay strong and carry on.

Brooklynn


I have completed the workout below from my trainer, Kyra, this week and last week for my chest/back workout. Give it a whirl!

Circuit 1 -Set your timer for 8 minutes for this circuit. During that time get as many rounds as possible done for circuit 1. Stop when the time is up.
Push ups x 10
Supermans x 10
Jack Knives x 10
Burpees x 10
Circuit 2 - Three Times (complete one set of each exercise then move onto the next exercise;complete 3 rounds of each exercise.)
Single arm SB dumbbell chest press x 8 reps each arm (one arm at a time)
Split stance, one arm row x 8 reps each arm
Lat pullover or lat bar pulldown x 10 reps
Bent over rear delt flyes x 12 reps
Circuit 3 - Three Times (complete one set of each exercise then move onto the next exercise;complete 3 rounds of each exercise.)
Bent over underhand grip row x 10 reps
Incline push ups x 12 reps
SB Back Extension x 10 reps (hold each one at the top for 5 seconds)
SB tucks x 15 reps
stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment