Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Missed Opportunities & a slice of Chocolate Almond Cheesecake


I created this recipe in September. I was going to enter a contest called " I can't believe it's Clean" baking contest hosted by Clean Eating Magazine. I faltered  I just didn't get around to it. I made this for my husband and mother in law. They both enjoyed it. Even one of my husband's good friends came over and had a slice; he like it too. It just wasn't good enough for me. It didn't have show stopper appeal. I missed an opportunity. Countless times in my life I've had missed opportunities out of fear, laziness, or down right procrastination. This makes me sad. What things have I missed because I was a fearful and unwilling to let go and dive right in? Well we can't dwell on the past now can we? It is gone, but today is here. I now have begun to push myself to pursue opportunities that present themselves that align with my goals. So let us carpe diem and have a piece of gluten free chocolate almond cheesecake while we are at it.

Chocolate Almond Cheesecake

Cheesecake
1& 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt cheese
3 TBS coconut sugar
1 TBS of arrow root powder
1/4 tsp of almond extract
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 egg + 2 egg whites

Crust
1/2 cup of blanched almond flour
1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
1/8 tsp of sea salt
1 TBS of maple syrup
1 TBS of melted coconut oil

Chocolate topping
3.5 oz of 85% dark chocolate (cocoa)
1/4 cup of natural sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
First assemble the crust. Grease an 8 inch spring form pan. Mix crust ingredients in a medium bowl and press evenly to bottom of spring form pan. Place in freezer for fifteen minutes.

Next assemble the cheesecake filling. Cream the yogurt cheese, sugar, arrow root powder, and eggs until combined. Add extracts. Remove crust from freezer and pour cheesecake mixture over crust and spread evenly over crust. Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and cool.

To prepare chocolate topping melt dark chocolate in a double boiler or microwave in a glass dish stirring every 15 seconds until completely melted.

Pour chocolate over cooled cheesecake. I tilted the spring form pan around to get the chocolate to spread rather than using a spatula. Top with sliced almonds. Place in fridge until chocolate is set.
Stay strong and carry on,

Brooklynn

No comments:

Post a Comment