Thursday, November 1, 2012

How To Make Blanched Almond Flour

 I was in a pinch. I really needed blanched almond flour pronto. Only a small amount too. I needed under a cup. Buying a 1 lb bag of Bobs Red Mill Almond Meal Flour for over $11 at the grocer was out of the question. I usually buy Honeyville Blanched Almond Meal Flour, 5 lb.online. However, I needed the flour now so I couldn't wait for a delivery. I spent less than $5 and bought this 2 cup bag of blanched almonds at my local grocer. Today's post is a how to on how to make your own blanched almond flour when you need it fast.

How to Make Blanched Almond Flour

  1. Divide the bag in half and process 1 cup of blanched almonds at a time. 
  2. Stop the blender frequently to check the consistency of the almonds and scrape down the sides of the blender
  3. Do not over process or you will end up with almond butter not almond flour.
  4. Once the almonds form a fine powder the flour is ready to use. Make sure you get all the lumps out of the flour.
  5. Store your blanched almond flour in a air tight glass jar or container. Place container in the fridge to keep flour from going rancid.


*Note: I made 1& 1/2 cups to 1& 3/4 cups of blanched almond flour per 1 cup of blanched almonds. I don't think this is much of a savings as to buying it in bulk, but it works in a pinch. 



No comments:

Post a Comment