- I am tired of jumping onto the "I have to lose weight" band wagon- I've been on a weight loss path or dieting for what feels like my entire life. Guess what?I am in a place physically that I don't need to lose anymore weight. I can just be. I've had to work so hard to get here. Now that is a reality check. I am healthy and fit and I'm learning to find balance in this and appreciate just being. Besides my old way of doing things and taking measures that I thought would make me fit were exhausting and unbalanced.
|This is my "I'm bringing it" workout face|
- I take more pleasure in exercising for wellness and health than aesthetics- This goes along with bullet #1. This coming year I will be focusing more on building strength and muscle.
- I like taking leisurely walks with my dog, Roxy. Last week I ditched two cardio sessions and leashed up Roxy and we went for a walk around the lake. It was so peaceful and calm. It gave my mind a chance to unwind and process all that's been going on in "that pretty little head of mine;" as my husband calls it.
- I need a wellness vision of my own- Part of health coaching is helping a client or patient establish a wellness vision. A wellness vision is a compelling statement of who you are and what health-promoting, life-giving behaviors, you want to do consistently. If I am going to coach others to have a vision. I first need to write out my own.
- I need to start writing out attainable goals for 2013- I think I have already have two mentioned in this post see bullets #2 & #4.
- This blog is a cook-book that I want to read like a story- This point follows the
argumentdiscussion I had with my husband this past week that went something like this:
Me- " I love so and so's blog; bah why can't mine be as funny or pretty or blah blah blah..."
Rich- "You have a cookbook on your blog. You should tell more stories. That is why people read blogs; they love hearing stories."
Me- " But, I don't want to take snap shots of what I eat all day, my outfits, and toot my own horn like so and so's blog; its so narcissistic."
|An Outfit picture. I am no fashionista, but I try out trends.|
Rich- " Why do you think Twitter is so popular? Who cares what Kourtney Kardashian had for breakfast? She takes a picture of her morning Wheaties and tweets it; and people read it."
Me-" Ok, I'll tell more stories."
Here is a 21 minute tabata workout from my trainer Kyra that I did last week followed by a leisurely 20 minute walk with Roxy.
- jumping jacks
- high plank, knees to elbows
- prisoner squats
- skate hops
- knees to opposite elbows
- alternating step ups
- incline push ups
- mountain climbers