Friday, August 31, 2012

My New Favorite Snack: Apple Cottage Cheese

Photo by Brooklynn

I snuck in some "me" time yesterday while my Bella was napping. Maybe its all the Downton Abbey I've been watching, but I decided I needed to have some tea time with my me time. Hot tea always floods my mind with memories of my growing up days with my grandma. She still to this day always has a  kettle of tea on the stove no matter what the season.  I decided to have my afternoon snack with my tea and its my new favorite go to snack  as of late. Simple and delicious it has a great balance of protein, carbs, & fat.


Apple Cottage Cheese

1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese ( I love Friendship 1% no salt added cottage cheese)
Dash of cinnamon
Drizzle of honey
1/2 half apple chopped
1 TBS of slivered almonds

Place cottage cheese in bowl drizzle desired amount of honey on top. I usually use 1/4 tsp of honey. Add a dash of cinnamon and top with almonds and apple. Enjoy!

Let's Connect!
You can now follow me on pinterest and twitter @LeanGourmet. Also on the sidebar of the blog you can sign up to have the blog emailed to you. I have a facebook page too!
Until next time stay strong and carry on!
Brooklynn

No comments:

Post a Comment