- Rich in fiber ( 20% of Daily Value per serving.)
- Source of protein (10% of Daily Value per serving.)
- Contain folate, a B vitamin that can help prevent neural tube defects in babies in uter and help prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Contain lignans and saponins that help protect against cancer (colon.)
- Composed of a resistant starch that is not digested in the small intestine and used by healthful bacteria in the colon to produce short-chain fatty acids that can protect colon cells.
- Loaded with antioxidants
2 cups of cooked chick peas rinsed
1 bag of Bird's Eye Steam Fresh Green Beans defrosted or 3 cups of fresh green beans steamed and steamed
1 sweet bell pepper chopped
1 small onion chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 TBS Honey
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp dried tarragon
sea salt & ground pepper to taste
Combine beans, pepper, and onion in large bowl and toss to combine. In a small bowl whisk the honey and vinegar together until honey is dissolved. Next whisk in oil, salt, pepper and tarragon. Toss dressing with beans and cover. Place in fridge for 2 hours before serving.
Workout Blip of the DayI am sick again! Third time in the past 2 months. I keep getting nasty sinus/upper respiratory infections ( I think its due to my line of work...) Anyways I focused on stretching today because when I don't workout my muscles get very sore and tight. Here is a link to a great stretching article on Sparkpeople.com.
Until next time stay strong and carry on!