Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dessert for Breakfast:Peach Cobbler Baked Oatmeal


I can still remember those hot summer days swimming  in my grandparent's pool with my cousins and siblings. Pap and Nana had a huge in ground pool enclosed by a fence in the back yard surrounded by their garden and orchard trees.  I remember one Sunday afternoon the whole family was over for swimming and a family barbecue. The peach tree was brimming with fruit. My Uncle Kenny got out a ladder and picked a bunch of fresh ripe peaches. My mom turned those gorgeous peaches into a lovely peach cobbler. 
Last week my husband, Rich, had picked up a huge crate of peaches last week, and I couldn't help but think back to this pleasant summer memory. One of my favorite and older recipes on this blog is my baked oatmeal.  With cobbler on the brain and a love for sweet breakfasts I created this lovely fruited breakfast treat for this week.
Nana & Pap with all their Grandkids. Miss you Nana.
Peach Cobbler Baked Oatmeal
Ingredients
2 cups of gluten free rolled oats ( I used Bob's Red Mills)
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
2 TBS of blonde palm sugar or other natural sweetener
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
2 cups of milk ( I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
1 egg + 1 egg white
3 TBS of extra virgin coconut oil melted
1 TBS vanilla extract
3 peaches peeled, pitted, & cut into cubes


Preheat oven to 375 and coat 8x8 baking pan with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl mix oats,half of nuts,palm sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, set aside. In another bowl mix milk, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla. Spread oat mixture on bottom of pan then top with peaches. Slowly pour the milk mixture over oats then top with remaining nuts. Gently tap pan on counter to make sure milk mixture is evenly distributed. Bake for 35-40 minutes until browned. My favorite way to have this is with 0% Greek yogurt with honey and flaxseed sprinkled on top. Enjoy!

Let's Connect!
You can now follow me on pinterest and twitter @LeanGourmet. Also on the sidebar of the blog you can sign up to have the blog emailed to you. I have a facebook page too!
Until next time stay strong and carry on!
Brooklynn

No comments:

Post a Comment