Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Zen Peach Smoothie


I woke up this morning STARVING. That little run yesterday must have jump started my metabolism. It is days like these that I don't want to wait for breakfast. My body needs to eat now. I have been wanting to create a smoothie with silken tofu to break away from using protein powder. I thought it would be very "zen."

Zen Peach Smoothie

1 peach peeled, pitted and sliced ( or 1 cup of frozen peach slices)
1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/3 cup of silken tofu
1/8 tsp of liquid stevia ( or less to taste)
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
Ice ( use less if using frozen peaches)

Place all ingredients into Blendtec or blender and process until smooth. I topped my smoothie with a dash of nutmeg.


Let's Connect!
You can now follow me on pinterest and twitter @LeanGourmet. Also on the sidebar of the blog you can sign up to have the blog emailed to you. I have a facebook page too!
Until next time stay strong and carry on!
Brooklynn

No comments:

Post a Comment