Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My New Running Partner

The past week has been one thing after another. First I was sick with a sinus infection. I recovered for 2 days then relapsed; bad! Then came storm Isaac. We had rain and wind for 3 days. As I write this today, Tuesday, the storm has finally passed. Did I mention I just finished working 9 days straight sick, tired, and water logged. I really try to keep this little piece of cyber world upbeat, fun, and positive. I'm not a whiner (no body likes a whiny woman at least that's what my mother always told me.) I thought with being under the weather (ha!) and having no energy to eat or create I just didn't write. And the gym?PPHHH! Forget the gym too. I did some how manage to stick to my clean eating diet (mostly.) Alas, I didn't want to blog because I knew it would not be awesome productive. I missed you. I hope you are well and dry and not in the path of Isaac;God willing.
Source

After 3 days of being caught up in the house, Roxy was going batty. She is Boston Terrier and this pup is  high energy. Leave her indoors for 3 days and multiple that energy by 100  and that was what we've been dealing with. Today was the first day I felt "good" so when I got home from work I asked Roxy if she wanted to go for a run.


I spent a lot of my down time watching Season 2 of Downton Abbey  the last few days since I didn't have much energy.  So I just imagined Roxy responding the way Mrs. O'Brien would to Lady Grantham. Oh how I love that show! We leashed up and out the door we went. 

I was 1.75 miles into the run and the rookie kept stopping. I had this creepy crawly feeling in my contacts so we kept it short and dashed home to find....

My entire face coated with yucky gnats drowned in my sweat and plastered to my face. I know it ain't pretty. Summer is a nasty time in Florida especially after a storm like Isaac. I should have knownit would be a muggy buggy mess, but it was a nice run to break myself back into working out.




.












No comments:

Post a Comment