Friday, August 10, 2012

Guiltless Mac N 'Cheese


I posted on my facebook page asking my readers what they want to see more of on the blog. One gal responded with wanting more recipes that are quick,easy, and sneaks in veggies so the unsuspecting kiddos will eat it. I have had this recipe in my kitchen for two years now and we all love it. I usually use roasted butternut squash, but to save time you can use jarred baby food in its place. If you want to add more protein you could toss in cubed cooked chicken. It is also yummy to add sauteed spinach and mushrooms.


Guiltless Mac N'Cheese

1 cup of low-fat cottage cheese( I use Friendship no salt added low-fat cottage cheese)
2 jars of Earth's Best Winter Squash baby food or 1 cup of roasted butternut squash
dash of nutmeg
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp of ground pepper
1 tsp of dried parsley
2 TBS of Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp of onion powder
16 oz of brown rice penne or whole wheat pasta ( I use Tinkyada)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions then drain and set aside. Place remaining ingredients into Blendtec or food processor and puree until smooth. Mix sauce and pasta together in large bowl then spread evenly into a greased casserole dish. Top with additional Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs ( I use ground flax seed.) Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.


Today's Workout Blip

I've been feeling crummy the last few days fighting a nasty head cold. The hubbs and I both have the sniffles. I haven't done a full cardio session since Friday last week, but have done some weight training. I did follow my  workout from my Get in Shape Girl Bikini Plan at home and worked my legs and abs with 3 full circuits. Occasionally I get sick and my workouts slide, but I know better than to push myself too much or my recovery will be VERY slow.

Read With Me!

Today at the library I checked out  "Sugar Nation" by Jeff O'Connell. I will be posting my thoughts as I read this book here and on FB or twitter. I hope you will join me.

Tips N' Tricks

Did you notice the new tab on the blog today? NO!?! Well its called "Tips N' Tricks" I will be posting you tube videos that I make and hopefully Rich my husband will shoot and edit. The first one on there is done by moi so it is in raw form. My husband was the film major and I am hopping he will be using his expertise in future video en devours.

Let's Connect!
You can now follow me on pinterest and twitter @LeanGourmet. Also on the sidebar of the blog you can sign up to have the blog emailed to you. I have a facebook page too!
Until next time stay strong and carry on!
Brooklynn

No comments:

Post a Comment