Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"So Easy My Husband Made It" Dinner

Last night I had to work late so Mr. Lean Gourmet was on dinner duty for himself and the kiddo. When I came home he told me about this great meal he created. I was so eager to try it we made it together again for tonight's dinner. It is delicious and easy! You will need to have  roasted  spaghetti squash on hand to make this recipe. Here is a post on how to do so from earlier this summer on the Lean Gourmet Kitchen.

This Meal is Kiddo Approved!

"So Easy My Husband Made It" Dinner

4 cups of shredded spaghetti squash roasted
2 cups of sliced mushrooms
1 chopped shallot
2 TBS olive oil
2 TBS of chopped fresh basil (I use Gourmet Garden)
3 cups of fresh spinach
3 large cooked chicken breast chopped
1 TBS of lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste
parmesan cheese to serve as garnish


Heat olive oil in deep skillet with lid on medium low. Add shallot, basil, and mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes. Next add in squash and chicken. Cover and stir every few minutes for 5 minutes. Add lemon juice, salt, pepper, and spinach. Cover. Stir occasionally and cook until spinach is steamed and squash tender. Top with grated parmesan cheese. Bon appetite.

Today's Workout Blip:
Holy cow I'm on week 7 of my Get in Shape Girl Bikini Plan and there are only 5 more weeks left! Today I worked legs/abs with a 35 minute incline treadmill workout. 
I read this great article on www.eatnakednow.com today on Stress and Cortisol production (find it here.) It was great reminder to kick back and relax. I'm thinking about incorporating yoga or pilates into my weekly routine as de-stressor ( if I could only find the time?!)
Let's Connect!
You can now follow me on pinterest  and twitter @LeanGourmet. Also on the sidebar of the blog you can sign up to have the blog emailed to you. I have a facebook page too!

Until next time stay strong and carry on!
Brooklynn

No comments:

Post a Comment