Monday, July 2, 2012

Portobello Stroganoff Review and Back to the gym

If you recall from yesterday's post regarding meal planning I posted that I would be making Portobello Stroganoff from Clean Eating Magazine for this evening's family meal. The secret to this low-fat creamy dish is pureed firm tofu. Yes you read that right! I served it up with broccoli sautéed with Bragg's liquid aminos, grapeseed oil, and minced shallots. The pasta is De Bole's Gluten free spiral pasta.


True to form I didn't follow the recipe to a T and made my own revisions. I swapped out the low-fat sour cream with  0% Greek yogurt ( I had a bad experience where I was glutened by low fat sour cream once.) I skipped the cajun spices and seasoned the dish with the salt, pepper, and dill as described in the recipe. I sauteed the onion, garlic,mushrooms in a tablespoon of grapeseed oil. While that was cooking I pureed the tofu, tomato paste, and yogurt in my Blendtec blender and poured it over the mushrooms then added the broth.


I loved it.
The man-o-meter gave the recipe a thumbs up!
The kid-o-meter said "I want more "bockley and noodles mommy."
All in-all this was a successful dinner and didn't take more than 30 minutes to prepare.



Today's Workout Blip:

After 3 FULL days of rest I started week 3 of my Get in Shape Girl Bikini Plan. One of my circuits included burpees. Do you know what those are? Watch this clip and then get up and do 10 in a row. No really get off your butt and do it! Now how do you feel? Winded, quads burning slightly, exhilarated, or like me hating life right now? I have a love hate relationship with that exercise; it's a great body blast, but kicks ya in the rear! I also had to complete decline pushups today in one of my circuits. I had my feet on a workout bench and hands on the ground doing full pushups. I thought at one point I wonder if I could max out at 30 in each set? I got to 22, but I'm going to strive for 30 next workout. I also had my High Intensity Interval Cardio (HIIT) today.I tracked my heart rate and logged >80-91% max heart rate the whole time and when I was done I was sad. I was ACTUALLY enjoying the HIIT and could have doubled it. Oh sweet workout endorphins. That bit of rest did me wonders!

Let's Connect!

You can now follow me on pinterest  and twitter @LeanGourmet. Also on the sidebar of the blog you can sign up to have the blog emailed to you. I have a facebook page too!
Until next time stay strong and carry on!
Brooklynn

No comments:

Post a Comment