Friday, July 13, 2012

Mongolian Beef & Shirataki noodles with Greens



As I was browsing Facebook earlier today I noticed a status update by Cassey of Blogilates  post about  training and diet. In her post she mentioned her upcoming appearance on QVC for Miracle Noodles. Her blog is one of my new favorite fitness and health blogs and she posed a great question asking her readers what was harder  for her readers to  do training or diet. This was my response:
"For me it just depends on the day of the week. I love to workout hard which makes me have a larger appetite. I do my best to eat clean whole foods 99.9% of the time, but sometimes a gal just needs some dark chocolate;right?! I believe what is key is balance and finding your "sweet spot.” That place between over doing it in exercise and under feeding yourself and eating too much and not exercising enough. The beauty of this it’s different for everyone because YOU are unique in your own beautiful way:)"
Honesty time. I made myself Isabella oatmeal raisin cookies this week when she asked me to make cookies. I've had my fair share throughout this week. They are so good! I usually keep my treats to once a week and I will bake on Friday or Saturday, but  alas the cookie monster in me has given in. I write this to say I'm not a perfect eater; is there such a thing? NO! However, I am a balanced eater. Enough said. Now back to   today's recipe. I had wanted to make beef stir fry all week long and wanted to have it with gluten free buckwheat soba noodles, but alas could not find any at Whole Foods when I stopped there today. However, I did find Miracle Noodles which I remember reading about on Blogilates. Miracle noodles are made  of the soluble fiber glucomannan and water; the nutrition facts are here. They are fantastic!!!!! So without further ado...

Mongolian Beef & Shirataki Noodles with Greens

1 lbs lean stir fry beef
1 tsp minced ginger
1 lime juiced
2 TBS soy sauce ( gluten free)- divided
2 tsp sesame oil
1 minced shallot- divided
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 cup frozen shelled edamame
1 large sweet bell pepper sliced
Noodle dressing
Mixed Greens
1 package of Angel Hair Miracle Noodles


Mix minced ginger, lime juice, 1 TBS soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, & shallot, in a large bowl. Toss beef in mixture and set aside. Coat large skillet with 1 TBS of olive oil or grapeseed oil and heat on medium low heat. When oil is hot place beef with marinade in skillet. Saute for 5 minutes then toss in  mushrooms, edamame, bell pepper, and 1 TBS soy sauce. While stir fry is cooking prepare miracle noodles according to package. Make the noodle dressing then toss the cooked miracle noodles in dressing.
Assemble meal by placing divided portions of greens onto plates. Then place noodles on top of greens and stir fry mixture on top of noodles. Drizzle  rice vinegar and sesame oil on top for additional dressing.

Noodle Dressing

1 TBS rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp honey
dash of ground ginger
1 tsp sesame seeds
Mix all dressing ingredients together until honey is dissolved.  Toss Noodles in dressing.

Today's Workout Blip:

Today I did my Get in Shape Girl Bikini Plan  HIIT cardio, but ran out of time for more than the 22:30 minutes of HIIT.

Let's Connect!
You can now follow me on pinterest  and twitter @LeanGourmet. Also on the sidebar of the blog you can sign up to have the blog emailed to you. I have a facebook page too!

Until next time stay strong and carry on!
Brooklynn

No comments:

Post a Comment