Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Oven "Fried" Chicken (gluten free, grain free, dairy free)


Mcdonald's chicken finger nugget happy meals; the stuff that 80's kids dreams are made of, right? Oh dear God put the breaks on what was my mother thinking?!  My tastes and diet have certainly changed since those early day's, but a girl still has cravings right?! Speaking of cravings I distinctly remember one late night my husband, Rich, bringing me home Publix Fried Chicken. I was eight months pregnant and I ate 3 large pieces at 10 o'clock at night! Today's recipe is adapted from the Joy of Cooking's sauteed breaded chicken. It is a fiber packed gluten free rendition of chicken fingers.


Gluten Free Oven "Fried" Chicken
4 chicken breasts cut into tenderloin strips
1/2 cup almond meal/flour
1/2 cup of flaxseed meal
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 egg beaten with 1 tsp of water

Preheat oven to 400 degree. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.  To make the breading toss all your DRY ingredients (almond meal through garlic powder) in a mixing bowl then pour onto some was paper on the counter or a large plate. Crack an egg in mixing bowl and beat with 1 tsp of water. Dredge your chicken pieces through the egg mixture then into the breading and then place on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Enjoy!
Oven "Fried Chicken" served with homemade potato fries and kale
Today's Workout Blip:

Today was legs and abs circuits of my  Get in Shape Girl Bikini Plan which I did at home.  Remember last week's spout on holding planks for 90 seconds. Well I am one proud mama to say I held ALL 3 sets for 90 seconds! This program has reinforced in me that if you push yourself you will get stronger and push beyond your own physical limits. So again I ask how long can you hold a plank?

Roxy, my workout buddy for today at home

Let's Connect!
You can now follow me on pinterest  and twitter @LeanGourmet. Also on the sidebar of the blog you can sign up to have the blog emailed to you. I have a facebook page too!

Until next time stay strong and carry on!
Brooklynn


No comments:

Post a Comment