Sunday, July 1, 2012

Menu Planning Revisited


I am trying my hand at menu planning this week. I’ve read up on menu planning from moneysavingmom.com and followed some of her helpful hints. This is the process that I completed for meal planning this week.
  •  Take inventory: see what you have and what needs to be eaten soon. Pay particular attention to your produce. I buy my meat in bulk at Costo and freeze it into meal size portions for later use.
  •  Get creative. What can you make with what you have? I opened up a few of my Clean Eating Magazines and  browsed the magazine website and  a few others for recipe ideas
  • Write your shopping list and see what is on sale at your store if you want to save money and plan accordingly.
  •   Prepare. Look at the meals you've picked. What can you do ahead on your meal planning day to make mealtime prep smoother the rest of the week. Think chop onions and veggies, make snacks ahead of time. 
  •   Batch cook. I will be doubling the recipes to provide enough meals for dinner then leftover lunches. This is what I do for my family to keep us full and well feed even away from homeJ 

This week’s Dinner Menu:

Tuesday: Pan Sauteed Grouper, quionoa salad, and steamed veggies
Wednesday:  Seafood medley and black bean chili  
Thursday: Slow Cooker Pork and Beans- Clean Eating Magazine Recipe
Friday:Chicken tenders with potato fries and steamed veggies
Saturday:  Asian Steak Stir Fry (lunch) and dinner out for date night
Sunday:  Crispy salmon, Rice and Veggies
Breakfast is usually eggs, oatmeal or some other hot grain cereal, greek yogurt with fruit or a protein shake. Isabella, my two year old, love pancakes with fruit for breakfast so I usually batch cook some on the weekend and freeze them for throughout the week.

How I’m preparing ahead for this week:
  • Take a trip to the grocery store
  • I will make a large 13x9 of baked oatmeal (recipe doubled)
  • I’m going to bake the Gluten Free Goddess' Gluten Free Multigrain Bread, and my favorite blueberry muffins from The Spunky coconut
  • Pre-chop onions and garlic for recipes this week
  • Post my menu on the fridge

Let's Connect!

You can now follow me on pinterest  and twitter @LeanGourmet. Also on the sidebar of the blog you can sign up to have the blog emailed to you. I have a facebook page too!

Today's Workout Blip:


After 3 FULL days of rest I've conquered my cold. Monday morning I will be attacking starting week 3 of my Get in Shape Girl Bikini Plan. I will be posting my "stats" and progress later this week.
Until next time stay strong and carry on!
Brooklynn

No comments:

Post a Comment