Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Mango Coconut Lime Sorbet


Photo by Rich 
Photo by Rich 


Mango Coconut Lime Sorbet
  • 2 mangos peeled, pitted, and sliced
  • 2 TBS lime juice
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup blonde coconut sugar
Puree mangos, lime juice, and coconut in food processor then pour into a mixing bowl and set aside. Heat water on low on stovetop in small sauce span add coconut sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and cool then stir into mango mixture. If you are going to use an ice cream maker chill sorbet mixture for 8 hours in fridge then process in ice cream maker according to manufacturer directions. I have a Krups' Ice Cream maker and my sorbet was set after 30 minutes of churning. I scooped out the sorbet of the ice cream maker into a small glass pyrex dish and smoothed it out and placed it into the freezer for an hour to set up so its easier to get nice looking scoops. If you don't  have an ice cream maker pour your mixture into a small square or rectangle glass dish. Place in freezer and stir every 15 minutes until frozen and smooth. Let sorbet sit on counter for a couple of minutes to soften so it can be easily scooped. Enjoy!

Today's Workout Blip:

I am starting to see results from my  Get in Shape Girl Bikini Plan.  I've lost 41/2 inches in my total measurements in 3 weeks! If you're looking for a plan that works you've got to try this! Along with the program I've been watching my portions and only eating clean, whole foods and enjoying treats along the way.

Let's Connect!


You can now follow me on pinterest  and twitter @LeanGourmet. Also on the sidebar of the blog you can sign up to have the blog emailed to you. I have a facebook page too!

Happy Fourth of July to all my readers. I hope that you have a restful,fun, and healthy holiday celebrating our nation's independence  with close friends and family!
Until next time stay strong and carry on!
Brooklynn


No comments:

Post a Comment