Monday, July 23, 2012

A Sip of Summer- Strawberry & Mint Aqua


Can you believe July is more than half over?! Me neither! We are truly in the dog days of summer in south Florida and I'm thirsty. All the time. I usually drink 2-3 liters of water per day; perhaps more if my workout is really intense. We are simple folk around here when it comes to beverages. We rarely have juice (unless we make some fresh in our juicer), never have soda pop, but there's always room for milk or iced tea at my table. To be frank water can get boring. There have been meals where Rich has said "Do we have anything other than milk or water to drink?" I responded, "Alas my love no." So I came up with a fresh twist to serve up some aqua for these hot summer dinners. I was inspired by my trip to the Lane Spa yesterday for my mani & pedi. They always have cucumber water or citrus water for their cliental to enjoy. This time they were serving up strawberry & orange water and it was yummo! The wheels began turning and I decided I too shall serve fruited water. We had friends over for an evening and I had them try my refreshing Strawberry & Mint Aqua; it was a hit!




Strawberry & Mint Aqua


1/2 cup of fresh,washed,stemmed, sliced strawberries
1/2 cup of mint leaves
Ice
Filtered Water


I used a 1 liter Weck Juice Jar so this ingredient list is per 1 liter of water so base the ration accordingly to the size of pitcher you are using. Place 1/3 of your strawberries and mint leaves on bottom of pitcher cover with a layer of ice. Repeat making three layers. Add filtered water. Chill for 1 hour and serve.




Today's Workout Blip:
I am a die hard for my pandora workout radio for my workouts. I love have a random assortment of up beat tunes. My iphone was kaput this morning and needed charged.  I forgot to grab it off the charger before heading to the gym. I worked out in absolute silence. At first it was a drag, but this enabled me to totally focus on my muscle pushing and pulling the weights. Talk about a mind body connection. I challenge you to drop the tunes for one workout session this week. Let me know how it goes in the comments below or on my FB page!
Today's workout from my Get in Shape Girl Bikini Plan I worked my chest and back. I managed 3 pull ups set 1 and 2 for set 2 unassisted! An improvement from last week. I also performed 30 minutes of HIIT cardio on the treadmill. Here is an article from Livestrong.com on how to put together this type of workout.
Let's Connect!
You can now follow me on pinterest  and twitter @LeanGourmet. Also on the sidebar of the blog you can sign up to have the blog emailed to you. I have a facebook page too!

Until next time stay strong and carry on!
Brooklynn

No comments:

Post a Comment