Monday, September 10, 2012

Tuna Melt Crispibread

I like Sunday afternoon lunches simple, fast, and yummy. I usually try to whip something up quick right after church and don't want to spend too much time in the kitchen on my day of rest. My chicken salad was one of these Sunday meals. When we got home from church this past Sunday I pureed some leek and potato soup into a nice puree and heated it on the stove. I had a huge craving for a melted tuna sandwhich. As luck would have it we didn't have ANY gluten free bread or wraps. I still had some Orgran Toasted Buckwheat Crispibread left over from my Amazon order so I decided to use that instead. All three of us loved it! Roxy did too because Isabella "shared" some of her lunch with our dog. I am also pleasantly surprised how nice the photos turned out. To be honest canned tuna looks like cat food. You may never admit it, but I know you feel the same way.


Tuna Melt Crispibread

8 oz of chunk light tuna in water or 2 cans drained of liquid
1 TBS of spicy brown mustard
1/3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
2 Roma tomatoes thinly sliced
10 Orgran Toasted Buckwheat Crispibread slices
Dried parsley for garnish


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix tuna and mustard in a medium mixing bowl. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place crispibread on tray. Top crispibread with tuna then tomato. Next top with cheese and parsley. Bake for 5 minutes. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment