Tuesday, September 18, 2012

One Skillet Tacos


I more often than not make a mess when I cook. I use lots of pots and pans and we run the dishwasher at least once a day. We eat well and often. All fresh and homemade goodness. Sometimes when I work a longer shift, but I still arrive home in time for dinner I just don't have the energy for meal preparation that takes more than 20-30 minutes. This recipe is easy, fast and supper yummy! All three of us enjoyed it even my 2 year old!




One Skillet Tacos

1 TBS of organic s olive oil
1 small onion diced
1 sweet bell pepper chopped
3 cooked chicken breasts cubed
1 can of black beans drained & rinsed
1 tsp of cumin powder
2 tsp of dried cilantro
1 TBS of lime juice
1/3 cup of salsa
Salt & Pepper to taste

Toppings:
Shredded Cheese
Diced avocado
Salsa


Heat oil in large skillet.  Add and saute onion and pepper for 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients through salt and pepper and cook on medium low heat until warmed through about 5 minutes.
We enjoyed our tacos with gluten free soft corn taco shells, shredded cheddar cheese, additional salsa, and sliced avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment