Friday, September 7, 2012

Counter Top Oatmeal


There are some days or nights( yes I make this as my late night snack too) that I just don't want to boil a pot of water to make my oats. On these days I make my "counter top" oatmeal. Its so easy and doesn't take more than 5 minutes!


Counter Top Oatmeal

1 cup of hot boiling water
1/2 cup of rolled oats ( I use Bob's Red Mills Gluten free)
Dash of sea salt
Sweetener to taste ( I use coconut sugar or stevia)
2 TBS of sliced almonds or walnuts
2 TBS of raisins or chopped dates
Dash of cinnamon

Place a cup of water in a glass dish and microwave for 3 minutes. Place oats in a separate bowl with remaining ingredients. Pour hot water on top of oats and cover bowl with a small plate. Let it sit covered for up to 5 minutes until water is absorbed and oats are soft. You can also add a scoop of your favorite unflavored or vanilla protein powder and top with milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment