Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Lean Gourmet Eats Out 2: A Review of Bonefish Grill

Once a month Rich and I get a sitter, get dressed up, and go out like normal adults. 
Considering my job requires me to work some weekends it is a miracle we even go out once a month with all our other commitments. Now that I can't eat gluten, eating out has gotten a lot more complicated interesting. It requires planning ahead and some flexibility. I am incredibly blessed to have a selfless husband that puts me first.  Honey I know you miss eating at Captain Charlies! Last night we decided to take a chance at Bonefish Grill. We had eaten there before I knew I was gluten intolerant years ago and more recently last fall coming home from my friends' Steffie and Derek's wedding. They have a great gluten free menu.
Steffanie's and Derek's Wedding October 2011
When we arrived to Bonefish there was a 25 minute wait. We checked in with the hostess and walked over to the bar to wait to be seated.
Watermelon Martini

Red Sangria
 We each enjoyed a cocktail and the best gluten free appetizer I've ever had, the Saucy Shrimp.
Saucy Shrimp (gluten free)

After we were seated we placed our order and Rich got to enjoy some good'ol        gluten-fied bread and olive oil.


Rich's Swordfish



Rich ordered the swordfish with pumpkin ravioli and succotash. I ordered the Chilean sea bass prepared gluten free with a side of mango salsa and a side of chimichurri (I couldn't decide which sounded better!) I also had sides of steamed asparagus and green beans. I liked the mango salsa the best. My sea bass was flaky, cooked perfectly, very tender, and moist. We had a really nice relaxing dinner. It took a while for the entrees to come out, but I was so stuffed from the appetizer that I didn't mind. I was enjoying the company and being out together. 
Aren't we a handsome bunch?
The manager,Sean, came up to see how everything was and apologized for the long wait for our food. He told us that dessert was on him. I had been eyeing up the Macadamia Nut Brownie with ice cream before we ordered dinner. You can't turn down free dessert even for sugar strike September.  It is gluten free and so sinfully good! The whipped cream was fresh and it has a delicious red raspberry sauce.
 Good to the last bite!
If you are looking for a great gluten free dining experience I highly recommend Bonefish Grill.

Stay strong & carry on,
Brooklynn









No comments:

Post a Comment