Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal


























This is my third baked oatmeal recipe on the blog. You could say I'm slightly obsessed with this recipe. I absolutely love to eat it this way every morning.  I've had carrot cake on the brain lately. My  29th birthday is less than a month away and it is my favorite cake! This is not a rich as the real deal carrot cake, but it is sweet enough for breakfast and wholesome enough to power you up for the day.


Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal

2 cups of gluten free rolled oats ( I used Bob's Red Mills)
3 TBS of blonde palm sugar or other natural sweetener
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 cups of milk ( I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
1 egg + 2 egg white
3 TBS of extra virgin coconut oil melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of shredded carrots
1/2 cup of Bob's Red Mill All-Natural Sun-Dried Raisins Unsulphured

"Cream Cheese" Drizzle

2 TBS of yogurt cheese or low-fat cream cheese ( I used lowfat Greek Yogurt for my yogurt cheese)
1 TBS of pure maple syrup
1 TBS of milk ( I use cashew milk)
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 and coat 8x8 baking pan with nonstick spray. In a large bowl mix oats,palm sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg,salt, carrots, and raisins. Set aside. In another bowl mix milk, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla. Spread oat mixture on bottom of pan then top with peaches. Slowly pour the milk mixture over oats. Gently tap pan on counter to make sure milk mixture is evenly distributed. Bake for 35-40 minutes until browned. While oatmeal is baking prepare the cream cheese drizzle by place all ingredients in medium size mixing bowl and blend with hand mixer. Once oatmeal is done and cooled drizzle cream cheese mixture over oatmeal. To make a thin pretty drizzle pattern place cream cheese mixture in a small Ziploc baggy and snip once of the corners then gently squeeze bag and create your desired icing pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment