Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Weck Jars and a review of Vedge Candles

Cranberry Apple Spice Vedge Candle

My obsession with Weck Jars began a year ago. I was in this horrible slump. I really wanted to write, create, and work on this blog. I just didn't know where to start. My husband had checked out this cookbook, Super Natural Every Day: Well-Loved Recipes from My Natural Foods Kitchen, from the library by Heidi Swanson of 101 Cookbooks to inspire me. The cookbook has a lovely photo of pantry food in Weck Jars. I was smitten. The problem was I didn't know where these cute vintage jars came from. Then I saw them on Gluten Free on a Shoe String and again in Martha Stewart Living. I can't quit explain my obsession. Maybe because they hearken back to days of my childhood watching my grandma canning stewed tomatoes and green beans. Perhaps it is their timeless and green appeal (they're reusable.) Shortly after I started actively blogging and tweeting a funky candle company,Vedge Candle, started following me on Twitter



Cinnamon Sticks Vedge Candle
The Vedge Candle company is based out of  Washington State on the shores of the Puget Sound. Inspired by the natural beauty of this area their candles are eco-conscious and the lovely jars can be re-purposed long after the candle has been enjoyed. Vedge Candle you had me at "hello."
More about Vedge Candle:
  • The candles add to your stylish and chic decor.
  • The product is named for the vegetable wax used to make them.
  •  Vedge Candles are pure soy candles.
  • No chemical dyes are added and each candle has its own natural soy color.
  • Available in 7 scents and also unscented.
  • The candles are constructed with either a cotton wick, a no core natural wick, or a wooden wick, a no trim natural wick makes a subtle "crackle" sound while it burns.
Vedge Candle sent me two candles to product test, the Cinnamon Sticks and Cranberry Apple Spice.  The packaging was lovely and the candles came in perfect condition. Both scents are lovely and perfect for the holiday season. They actually pair well if lit together.
I have enjoyed these candles in the living room and in the kitchen. I did not find them to be overpowering, but a small candle can fill a large room with a pleasant scent. I LOVE the wooden wick. The crackle sounds reminds me of a campfire, all warm and cozy. My husband, Rich, is crazy about these candles and he is by no means a candle con osier. Rich even took them to work and got a very positive response from his co-workers.
Vedge Candle is available in four different featured sizes with something for everyone to enjoy. These candles would make great hostess gift for upcoming holiday parties, stocking stuffers, or even white elephant gifts. Not to mention they can be enjoyed all year long.







Disclosure: I received two candles to product test at no charge from Vedge Candle and have not been monetarily compensated for this product review.

No comments:

Post a Comment