Monday, October 22, 2012

Small Plates & Sweet Treats Book Signing and Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie



It was back in September when Whole Living Magazine published this beautiful article on this incredible gluten free food blog Cannelle et Vanille written by Aran Goyoaga



I was memorized by her photography and beautiful recipes. I pre-ordered Aran's first cookbook Small Plates and Sweet Treats: My Family's Journey to Gluten-Free Cooking, from the Creator of Cannelle et Vanille. I also subscribed to her blog. A few weeks later I received an email that Aran would be holding a food demonstration and book signing at a local Anthropologie store! I was elated and RSVP'd immediately. 



Small Plates & Sweet Treats Book Signing (October 18, 2012)



Anthropologie is one of my favorite clothing stores. They have such a unique vibe to their clothing. The store also carries some house and home furnishings, linens, bath goods, and some kitchen wares. The set up for the food demonstration was charming and inviting.








Aran demonstrated on how to make two recipes from her new book the scallop, fennel, and apple and hazelnut salad without the scallops since there was no range top. She also demonstrated how to make tartines.


Aran is a great speaker. She gave food preparation tips in her demonstration and took questions from the audience. I was able to speak with her during the book signing. She is a warm, friendly woman, that is truly genuine. I asked her how to improve my photography for my blog and she recommended a book by Nicole Young. I really enjoyed the presentation and speaking with her. 

Today's Recipe

I am bringing you another recipe for fall today. It is great as a quick breakfast or nice fall treat. It is blended with cottage cheese for the cheesecake flavor. Did you know a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese packs in 16 grams of protein?! It is a great source of protein, but watch out for the sodium. Opt for brands of cottage cheese that are salt free or low sodium.  I prefer Friendship Cottage Cheese.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie

1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
3 TBS of pumpkin puree
liquid stevia to taste
1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup of cottage cheese ( I used 1% small curd Friendship Cottage Cheese)
Ice

Place all ingredients into Blendtec or blender and process until smooth. Serves 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment