Thursday, October 18, 2012

29 Years and Kickin

                                                                   Source: Uploaded by user via Sandie on Pinterest



I turned 29 last week. I am officially an almost 30-something.  I did lots of fun things to celebrate my birthday. My little family and I had lunch at one of my favorite raw restaurants Christopher's Kitchen. When we walked inside Isabella was instantly impressed with the dessert case at the register!





Originally it was just supposed to be me and the munchkin, but Rich joined us for lunch too!



photo.JPG
 I had the  protein salad, Rich had the sun burger, and Isabella had the veggie pizza.


Isabella loved her pizza and of course eating out would not be complete without

 playing with her trains. She loves Thomas the Tank Engine!
 While we were waiting for Rich Isabella got busy playing with her stickers.
 She decided to share her stickers with me too;)

Over the weekend Rich organized a birthday party for me at the Melting Pot. We had a small party of 9 people meet us for dinner at The Melting Pot. The service was great and the server was on top of my gluten free diet needs. She knew everything I could and could not have off the menu.


 I didn't get many pictures of the food like I usually do when I eat out. I was too busy enjoying the food, company, and wine. I didn't get many pictures with our guests.This is my dear friend, Angie, who is expecting her first baby this spring.

Angie and Me


My husband also ordered me TWO birthday cakes from a local gluten free caterer, Stacey, of Happy Tummies Bakery. Hold the phone was this cake yummo!  I was the only one with a gluten  intolerance at my party and EVERYONE loved Stacey's cakes. Rich ordered a carrot cake and a chocolate black forest cake. I have never tasted chocolate cake as moist as this cake was. Gluten free baked goods tend to be dry, heavy, and gritty. These cakes were light, moist, and full of flavor.


I had to have a slice of each!


Now you can't go to the Melting Pot and not have chocolate fondue for dessert. I had the original dessert fondue with dark chocolate and peanut butter. The gluten free dessert items were limited to fruit and marshmallows. I am glad I had cake:)


My friend Kim and me enjoying the bday cake
 It was a wonderful evening with my sweet hubby and friends. A great way to kick off my 29th year.



No comments:

Post a Comment