Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What's in my shopping cart: buying my groceries online

Shopping cart
Source

I came home to 2 large boxes at my doorstep after work yesterday. I shop online for all kinds of things. I buy everything from clothes, makeup, toilet paper, to rolled oats. I don't have a lot of time to run out and go from store to store looking for the best deals. I am a busy gal. I won't go into where I buy a lot of my make up or hair care stuff online because this isn't a beauty blog. If you want to know about those items leave a comment, tweet me, FB me, or shoot me an email. By the way I LOVE hearing from you. I really do.

I buy most of my dry goods groceries from Vitacost.com and amazon.com.  If it is an item I don't need right away and it is a better deal than at my local grocer I will buy it online. What I love about Amazon is they have a Subscribe & Save option for several items. You pick to have items automatically shipped to your home any where from every 30 to 120 days. You can cancel the subscription at any time and you lock in a lower price. Vitacost has a similar program called Set & Save that is similar to Amazon. Amazon and Vitacost both have apps. The Vitacost app has a bar code scanner that you can scan items in the store and it checks the price compared to the price on Vitacost.


What makes my shopping online sweeter is I first go through Ebates. You can search for tons of online store on Ebates  that give you cash back for shopping online. Ebates will send you a check for a percentage of your total purchase of what you buy online. It is free and I have been shopping through Ebates for three years now. You just need to sign up to create an account. 

So what do I buy online?



This is what came in my order yesterday from Amazon.com:

I get free 2 day shipping on these Amazon because I am an Amazon Prime member.

My Vitacost Order included:
  • Enjoy Life chocolate chips
  • Amaranth whole grain
  • Canned unsweetened coconut milk
  • Liquid stevia (Vitacost brand)
  • Unsweetened shredded coconut
  • Potato starch
  • Whole psyllium husks ( for gluten free baking)
  • Culterelle probiotic
  • Chick pea flour
  • About Time Birthday Cake flavor Whey Protein Powder
  • Buckwheat flour
What I order varies from month to month depending on what I need to restock my pantry. If I could only have all my groceries delivered to me I would be set! I  have organic produce delivered to my home twice a month by a local organic produce co-op program in West Palm Beach called Palm Beach Organics; read more about that here.

Stay strong and carry on,

Brooklynn
Disclosure: I am an affiliate for both Vitacost & Amazon. I have not been compensated for the opinions presented in this post. 








No comments:

Post a Comment