Thursday, February 14, 2013

Banana Bread Pancakes (gluten free) & Happy Valentine's Day



I am so excited about this post. These pancakes are delicious, easy to make, and gluten free. I love this photo too! I took over 30 pictures for this post.  I have come a LONG way from my early blogging days only eight months ago and am looking forward to growing in my writing and my food photography.
I picked a few Gerber daisy flowers from my garden to use in my photo shots for this recipe. I am in Florida remember. I keep a garden in the winter. It is pouring down buckets of rain down here while its a frozen tundra in the North.
As I was snapping away I noticed some movement on the flower petals. Look at the little friend that made this a great shot today.


I am wishing you a very wonderful Valentine's Day. May you take time today to be with those you love and that love you. Love and be loved!
-Brooklynn


Banana Bread Pancakes (gluten free)

1 banana peeled
2 eggs
1 cup of old fashioned oatmeal uncooked and gluten free
1/4 cup of coconut flour 
Dash of nutmeg
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of baking powder
2 TBS of coconut sugar
1 TBS of coconut oil melted
1 cup of cashew milk or other preferred milk
Chocolate chips to top pancakes ( I use Enjoy Life Mini chips)

Combine all ingredients, adding liquids first, except chocolate chips into a blender and puree until smooth. Grease a griddle with coconut oil or butter. Pour pancake batter onto hot griddle in silver dollar sized circles. Top each with chocolate chips. Flip when pancake edges are set and pancake top bubbles. Cook other side.
I cut these pancakes with a heart shaped cookie cutter when I took them off the griddle while they were still warm. I topped mine with homemade strawberry jam. They are equally delicious with some syrup and almond butter! Makes 10-12 small pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment