Monday, February 4, 2013

Baked Stuffed Apple


Sometimes I just want something simple and sweet. No muss no fuss. Requiring little effort put forth to satisfy my sweet tooth. The sweet tooth that never goes away. Ever.  I indulge once maybe twice a week in my "treat of the week." I tweet my #treatoftheweek as proof of honoring my cravings and enjoyment of decadent treats. I don't believe in absolute deprivation. That is unbalanced and a bland way to live.
I invite you to tweet me your #treatoftheweek. What is your favorite treat to indulge in?

Baked Stuff Apples


4 apples washed and cored and intact
1/4 cup of blanched almond flour
2 TBS of coconut sugar
1 TBS of coconut oil
1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/4 cup of raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Place cored apples on top of parchment paper and set aside. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine almond flour,sugar, and cinnamon. Mix to combine. Stir in coconut oil and mix until crumb mixture forms then toss in raisins. Stuff the apples with almond flour mixture. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour  until apples are tender when pierced with a fork.  Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment