Monday, January 7, 2013

Mashed Cauliflower



I believe Dr. Oz first introduced me to mashed cauliflower. I would watch Dr. Oz everyday while on maternity leave three years ago. I've had this recipe tucked back in the corners of my mind for quit some time. The idea of faux mashed potatoes repulsed Rich so I never made them. At the farmers market this past week there was a great deal on a head of cauliflower. I made this recipe and won Rich over. He loved it and requested me to make it again in the near future. By no means am I bailing on delicious real mashed potatoes; rather I'm just changing things up a bit.

Mashed Cauliflower

1 head of cauliflower chopped into 2 inch pieces with core and stem removed
1/4 tsp of sea salt
1/8 tsp of ground black pepper
1/4 tsp of garlic powder
1/2 tsp of dried oregano

Steam cauliflower until tender and soft. Drain and place in food processor. Add remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. Serves 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment