Saturday, June 23, 2012

Meal Planning?


I’ve always been fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl at least with meal planning. I do batch cook, but not the” I dedicate one day a week to prep all the week’s meals.”  I batch cook by making a huge pot of rice and bake a whole 13x9 pan of chicken if that’s what we are having. I make enough for the meal I’m preparing plus enough for the lunch the next day. However, it occurred to me the other day as I scrambled to pack my cooler for work that maybe my meals become unbalanced because I don’t plan them. I was struggling to find something green to pack. All our bags of frozen veggies were starchy. I prefer fresh, but I will fall back on bird’s eye steam fresh bag of broccoli or green beans if I’m in a scramble or low on fresh produce. I remembered I had some spring greens so I stuffed some in a container to complete my left over Bouillabaisse and rice meal. Maybe just maybe meal planning and prepping would make my mornings easier and less stressful.  I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. So I’m going to try it. And see. I’ll keep you posted. Until then stay strong and carry on.
Brooklynn

No comments:

Post a Comment