Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bouillabaisse and The Get in Shape Girl


Here I am sitting at my kitchen counter at 5 am. I was awoken at 3:50 with stabbing hunger pains and the sniffles. I started following a very tight clean eating plan two days ago while also starting a new workout routine by the Get in Shape Girl.  After 30 minutes of trying to sleep and checking Facebook I knew it was time to get up and eat.  
As I plopped some baked oatmeal into a bowl with some almond milk and ate it I still couldn’t shake my hunger. Next I added ¾ cup egg whites + 1 whole egg and salsa broiled. As I was waiting for my French press coffee I started thinking.
I’ve been floundering with my workout routine since September 2011. I had been training for a half marathon for the previous 5 months and threw in the towel. The timing wasn’t right. I got into bodyrocktv.com workouts at that time. Which I love especially with my crazy work schedule it so nice to do a really intense workout at home in little time.
But, alas, I’ve gained weight and my skinny jeans are a wee bit tighter since September. I stepped down my training and didn’t reign in my portion sizes. A little too much red wine here and an extra treat there. I was over doing it and I knew it!
I think, no I know my body needs more than I am feeding it than the past 2 days. Today I go back to Cooler 2 meal plan from The Eat Clean Diet Recharged. This plan helped me shed a whopping amount of pregnancy weight in less than a year along with weight training and exercise.
Now about my new workout routine. It was designed by Kyra from The Get in Shape Girl. It is a complete 2 steps up from what I’ve been doing. I purchased her Bikini Workout Virtual training package, get it here. Right now its priced at $27 and is an intense 12 week training plan. I’ve been following it the past 2 days and enjoy it. The workouts are an hour to 1 &1/2 hours long and combine circuit training and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). I’m willing to put in the time and sweat equity to get my butt back in gear. I will follow this plan and I will complete it! 
Now onto today’s recipe. I’m working putting in a long day at the pharmacy today so I will be making Crock-pot Bouillabaisse. This original recipe is adapted from The Eat Clean Magazine Easy Make-Ahead Bouillabaisse.

Crock-pot Bouillabaisse *Gluten Free
2 shallots minced
½ cup of fennel bulb cored and chopped
2 TBS Olive oil
1 large sweet potato peeled chopped
2 sweet bell  peppers chopped 
( red/yellow/ or orange)
1 bay leaf
½ tsp ground black pepper
¼ tsp saffron threads crushed
 5  cups gluten free low sodium chicken broth
 One   24 to 26 oz jar or BPA free/gluten free can chopped tomatoes
2 ½ lbs mixed seafood raw ( non oily white fish/shrimp/mussels/other shellfish) 
*I buy mine in a frozen package in the freezer section at my local Publix grocer
2 TBS fresh lemon juice
Sea salt to taste
Sauté shallots and fennel  in olive oil. Then toss into crockpot with remaining ingredients and crock on low setting till potatoes are tender.  My cooks all day at least 6-8 hours. Remove bay leaf before eating. This can be served by itself or on top of brown rice or quinoa. Enjoy!
*Tip: I save and freeze remaining sauce left over and incorporate into the next batch. I always find there is always lot of  sauce with little seafood and veggies left to make a left over lunch.




2 s


No comments:

Post a Comment