Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Banana Blueberry Griddle Cakes & New Calorie Count App

“Make me pancakes mama, pweese?” Oh how could I say no to such a request?! I am 1.5 weeks into my Get in Shape Girl (GISG) Bikini Plan and didn’t want to blow it with syrup drenched cakes so I came up with this tasty, clean, gluten free, sugar free, and even yes dairy free pancake batter recipe that even my two year old says “this is tasty mama!”

Banana Blueberry Griddle Cakes

4 egg whites
½ cup almond milk
1 TBS vanilla extract
1 tsp of LIQUID stevia
2 TBS extra virgin coconut oil melted
2 cups of gluten free rolled oats ( I use Bob’s Red Mill)
2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of cinnamon powder
Dash of nutmeg
1 medium banana peeled
1 cup of blue berries (defrost if frozen)

Place all ingredients (wet first) except blue berries into blender (I used  my Blendtec blender and pressed the “batter” option.)  Blend it twice. You could make this batter in a food processor or other blender just make sure it is smooth before you pour it onto the griddle. 

Preheat your griddle to 300 degrees and grease with oil. I use an electric griddle and for my spray I use expeller pressed safflower oil dispensed from an oil spritzer bottle that I purchased at bed bath and beyond. It is a cleaner option than using non-stick spray ( no butane) and also no soy. 
Pour batter onto griddle ( don’t you just love the sizzle sound?) and top with berries. Flip when bubbly and edges or done.




I topped my cakes today with natural crunchy peanut butter and some blueberry juice left from defrosting my berries. Bella my two year old enjoyed hers with maple syrupJ
Blueberry Bella

Today’s Workout Blip

 I weighed myself this morning and I’m down 5lbs;yikes! I went to an hour long spin class today in place of my HIIT sprints on the treadmill + additional 30 minute cardio at max 70% heart rate.  I’ve been following the workout plan (mostly) and eating clean. I also have been writing a food log everyday. When I cook I tend to pop a bit of this and that in my mouth. I have to sample you know. And those little morsels add up! I find when I’m intentional with my food log I only consume what I needJ With being on the go I needed a user friendly calorie app. Enter Calorie Count. You can find in the App store or  here.  You can add food via scanning bar codes, voice record logs, manually add food nutritional content, or search the database. It rocks!
Until next time stay strong and carry on!
Brooklynn

No comments:

Post a Comment