Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mango BBQ Sauce and Elliptical Incline workout

Fourth of July is right around the corner. Can you believe it?! Uh the smell of barbeque is floating through your mind now. Luckily today I’m bringing you a new BBQ sauce recipe you can try out this year. Yes, you can make your own home-made BBQ sauce and this recipe is gluten free and incorporates mango! Stay with me here. This time of year the mango trees in S. Florida are loaded with fruit and mango give this sauce a unique natural sweetness. This sauce is sweet, a bit spicy (my friends will gasp because I have an aversion to spicy stuff), and a little lip smacking kick. We had this sauce with chicken on gluten free hamburger buns (recipe from Celiac Vegan) with green beans as a side for dinner tonight. This sauce could be used for more than just chicken. Think BBQ ribs, BBQ pizza, pulled pork tender loin; go crazy and let me know what you eat this sauce with! Tip: this sauce can be made ahead of time and I do recommend that; who wants to be a slave to the kitchen on 7-4-12? This sauce should last several months in the fridge or you can cool it then pack in zip lock freezer bags and freeze for up to a year.

Gluten Free Mango Barbecue Sauce  

Mango sauce in a Weck Canning Jar
1 TBS of Olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
½ tsp garlic powder
1 mango
17.6 oz tomato sauce (I use Pomi)
1 cup of water
¼ cup light amber agave
¼ cup molasses
¼ cup organic apple cider vinegar
2 TBS fresh lemon juice
1 tsp of sea salt & ground pepper
Sauté onion, garlic, and mango in oil until soft in a sauce pot. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. Send that sauce for a whirl in your blender , food processor, or my personal favorite Blendtec mixer until smooth and saucy! 
To add a bit of humor to today's post everytime I think of Mangos I recollect this little skit from SNL of JLO and Mango.

No comments:

Post a Comment